DU MA Philosophy Syllabus: Syllabus is an important material which provides important contents for the examination. Delhi University offers Master of Arts (MA) Program in different fields. The application form releases every year for the intake of eligible and interested candidates.
So, here I am discussing DU MA Philosophy 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th Sem Syllabus. Those who are searching DU MA Philosophy 1st Semester Syllabus, DU MA Philosophy 2nd Semester Syllabus, DU MA Philosophy 3rd Semester Syllabus, and DU MA Philosophy 4th Semester Syllabus are at right place.
DU MA (Philosophy) Syllabus
Syllabus of DU MA (Philosophy) is available here. Candidates can check DU MA (Philosophy) semester wise syllabus from below.
DU MA (Philosophy) 1st Semester Syllabus
- Paper 1: PHIL 101: Classical Indian Philosophy I
- Paper 2: PHIL 102: Greek Philosophy
- Paper 3: PHIL 103: Modem Western Philosophy
- Paper 4: PHIL 104: Ethics
DU MA (Philosophy) 2nd Semester Syllabus
- Paper 1: PHIL 201: Classical Indian Philosophy II
- Paper 2: PHIL 202: Philosophical Logic
- Paper 3: PHIL 203: Metaethics
*Paper 4: Optional Course I: Any One course out of the following list of Optional Courses:
- PHIL 211: Aristotle’s Metaphysics
- PHIL 212: Gandhi and Libertarian Socialism
- PHIL 213: The Indian Modernity
- PHIL 214: The Feminist Thought
DU MA (Philosophy) 3rd Semester Syllabus
- Paper 1: PHIL 301: Analytic Philosophy
- Paper 2: PHIL 302: Continental Philosophy I
- Paper 3: PHIL 303: Social & Political Philosophy/ PHIL 304 Philosophy of Mind
*Paper 4: Optional Course II: Any One course out of the following list of Optional Courses:
- PHIL 311: Environmental Ethics
- PHIL 312: Ethics in Buddhism
- PHIL 313: Philosophy of Human Rights
- PHIL 314: Imagination and symbolization
- PHIL 315: Word and Meaning
DU MA (Philosophy) 4th Semester Syllabus
- Paper 1: PHIL 401: Philosophy of Language/ PHIL 402: Continental Philosophy II
- Paper 2: PHIL 403: Philosophy of Religion/ PHIL 404: Philosophy of Science
*Papers 3 & 4: Optional Courses IH & IV: Any Two courses out of the following: list of Optional Courses:
- PHIL 411: Sankara’s Advaita Vedanta
- PHIL 412: Phenomenology: Vasubandhu and Husserl
- PHIL 413: Knowledge and Scepticism
- PHIL 414: From Language to Mind
- PHIL 415: Mind, Modularity, and Cognition
- PHIL 416: Theories of Consciousness
- PHIL 417: Philosophy of Science and Biology
- PHIL 418: Physics and Philosophy
- PHIL 419: Theory of Signs and the Semiotic Method
- PHIL 420: The Gettier Problem
- PHIL 421: Personal Identity and Accountability
- PHIL 422: The Essay Course
* The Optional Courses shall be offered at the discretion of the Department. These courses may also be offered by students belonging to any of the following Departments:
- Buddhist Studies
- English Language and Literature
- German and Romance Studies
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Modem Indian Languages
- Political Science
Scheme of the Examination:-
Students should be aware of the Examination Guidelines of Delhi University. The University conducts the examination at the end of each Semester to promote the students into next semester. Read the evaluation system below-
- Each paper will be of 100 Marks of which 70 Marks is for written examination and 30 Marks shall be awarded on the basis of classroom participation, seminar, term papers, tests, viva-voce, and attendance.
- The duration of the written examination for each paper shall be 3 hours.
- Any student who fails to participate in classes, seminars, term papers, tests, viva-voce, will be debarred from appearing in the end semester examination in the specific course and no Internal Assessment marks will be awarded to such a candidate.
- A candidate has to secure 40% Marks in each paper to pass the examination.
- No student would be allowed to avail of more than Three chances to pass any paper inclusive of the first attempt.