IIT JAM is an online entrance exam conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology for admission into M.Sc (four semesters), Joint M.Sc. Ph.D., and M.Sc. Ph.D. dual degree etc. programs at IITs. The online application form for IIT JAM 2020 will release in the month of September 2020. The complete process of IIT JAM 2020 registration, the release of admit card, entrance exam, IIT JAM result 2020 will be done in online mode. Aspirants who will qualify IIT JAM 2020 can apply for admission into various courses in top most colleges of the country. Read the complete article for more information regarding IIT JAM Exam 2020.
Important Details Of IIT JAM 2020
The first time IIT JAM was conducted in the year 2014. IIT JAM. You can check all the important information regarding IIT JAM 2020 in the following table.
|Full name of the exam||Indian Institute of technology Joint admission test|
|Commonly known as||IIT JAM|
|Purpose of test||For admission in PG courses|
|Conducting body of IIT JAM 2020||IIT Kanpur|
|Mode of application||Online|
Important Dates Of IIT JAM 2020
All the aspirants who will appear in IIT JAM 2020 should know the important event and their dates. You can check all important dates of IIT JAM 2020 written below.
|Application form release date||September 1st week, 2019|
|Deadline for the generation of E challan||October 2nd week 2019|
|The final date for fee payment in SBI branches using E challan||October 2nd week, 2019|
|The final date for registration in JOAPS||2nd week of October 2019|
|Documents uploading closing date||2nd week of October 2019|
|The last date to change the exam centre||October’s last week, 2019|
|Admit card release date||Last week of December 2019|
|Exam date||2nd week of February 2020|
|Answer key||Last week of February 2020|
|Announcement of the result||March last week 2020|
IIT JAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants should check the eligibility criteria of IIT JAM 2020 before filling the application form. In the following points, we will describe the eligibility criteria of IIT JAM 2020.
- Nationality: Aspirants should be Indian or foreign citizen.
- Qualification – Aspirant must have done Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- Qualifying marks – Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam. For SC/ST/PWD candidates 50% marks must be obtained.
- Age Criteria – There will be no age limit to apply IIT JAM 2020.
- Appearing – Candidates who are appearing in the last year of their Bachelor degree course can also apply. They have to submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination during document verification.
IIT JAM 2020 application form
Application form for IIT JAM 2020 will release in the month of September. In the following points, you will see the procedure of filling the application form.
- First, go to the official website- iitkgp.ac.in.
- An aspirant has to register by providing their name, email, mobile number and password.
- The application form will include 4 processes.
- Online registration, filling details, uploading of images and application fee payment.
- In the last take printout of the confirmation submission of the application form.
IIT JAM 2020 Admit Card
Admit card is the most important document to take entry in the examination hall. Most probably IIT JAM admit card 2020 will be released in the month of December 2019. You can download it by following below-mentioned points.
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM.
- You will be redirected to the login page.
- Enter your user id and password and click the submit button.
- Your admit card will appear on the screen.
- Aspirants are requested to take a printout of their to admit card for future use.
Syllabus Of IIT JAM 2020
For better preparation of exam, the students must know the IIT JAM Syllabus 2020. There will be a total of seven papers in IIT JAM exam and different syllabus for every exam. To know full detail regarding syllabus candidates are requested to visit the official website.
Exam Pattern of IIT JAM 2020
There will be a total of 60 questions. Paper comprises of 3 section (Section A, SectionB, Section C) containing 30,10 and 20 questions respectively. There will be no negative marking for section B and section C.
Section A – Total questions will be 30 (10 questions 1 mark and 20 questions 2 marks) and negative marking will be 1/3 for 1 mark and 2/3 for 2 marks.
Section B – 10 questions of 2 marks each with no negative marking.
Part C – 10 question for 1 mark and 10 questions for 2 marks with no negative marking.
IIT JAM 2020 Answer Key
The answer key of IIT JAM exam will release in the last week of February. Students can check their scorecards by telly their response with the answer key. The official answer key will available on the official website of IIT JAM. Student can go there and download it.
IIT JAM 2020 Result
The result will be declared in the month of March 2020. In result, candidates can check their scorecards and cutoff for all exam. After that for all completion of IIT JAM, an All India Rank will be assigned to all the appeared Aspirants based on the performance in the exam.
IIT JAM 2020 Counselling procedure
The aspirants must keep in mind that the colleges will be alloted on the basis of IIT JAM merit list that will be announced by the conducting authority. The counseling process will start from 2nd week of June 2020. All aspirants who have applied for admission in IIT JAM 2020 will be called for counseling. IIT JAM 2020 organizing institute will release three merit lists in the month of June and July based on which the admission process will be conducted.