JEE Main 2021 – Joint Entrance Exam Mains is a National level engineering entrance exam conducted twice in a year. The Application Form for JEE Main 2021 will be released in the month of September 2020. Students who want to make their career in the field of Engineering will apply for JEE Main 2021. Through JEE Main exam students can take admission to the National Institute of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) and many other centrally funded technical institutes. JEE Mains is also a screening test for IIT Entrance Exam. Only those students will be eligible to apply for JEE Advance 2021 who successfully clear JEE Main Cut Off Marks. Read the complete article to know more about JEE Main 2021 like Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates and Details, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc.
JEE Main 2021 Details
National Testing Agency is responsible for conducting the JEE Main 2021 exam. It will be conducted in the month of January and April 2021. Students can check the important details related to the exam in the following table.
|Full Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance Exam Mains|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Frequency||Twice in a year|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Level of the Exam||National|
|Available Courses through JEE Main 2021||B.Tech, B.Arch|
JEE Main 2021 Schedule
In this section, students can check the details related to the JEE Main 2021 exam. There is no official notification released by the National Testing Agency for JEE Main 2021. We are providing here tentative dates. The official dates will be updated after the declaration.
|Name of the Event||For January 2021||For April 2021|
|Application Form will be Available From||In the month of September 2020||In the month of February 2021|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||October 2020||March 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Admit Card Release Date||In the month of December 2020||March 2021|
|Examination Date||January 2021||April 2021|
|Provisional Answer Key||2nd week of January 2021||2nd Week of April 2021|
|Final Answer Key||3rd week of January 2021||3rd week of April 2021|
|Result Declaration||Last week of January 2021||Last week of April 2021|
|JEE Main Cut Off||April 2021|
|Counseling Process begins from||June – July 2021|
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
A student must know the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Your Application Form will be rejected if you will not satisfy JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria. By knowing the Eligibility Criteria students will get an idea of whether they are capable to fill the JEE Main Application Form or not.
- You will require 75% (For ST/SC – 65%) marks or must be under the top 20 percentile in 12th level exams to get admission into IITs. NITs and many other centrally funded technical institutes.
- Admission will be provided on the basis of All India Rank of the student secured in the test.
- For Engineering, students in their 12th level must have passed with at least with five subjects with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
- Those who apply for B.Planning must have passed their 12th level with Mathematics subject.
- A student must have passed 12th level exam or its equivalent in 2019 or 2020 from a recognized board or university.
- Students who are going to appear in the 12th exam are eligible to appear in the JEE Main 2021 Exam.
- The aspirant who are holding a diploma can also apply for admissions only in IIT Colleges.
- Age Limit Criteria – There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- There will be no attempt limit for JEE Main 2021 exam.
JEE Main 2021 Application Form
The JEE Main Application Form 2021 Exam will be released in online mode only. Only those students will be allowed to appear for the exam who successfully fill the Application Form. In JEE Main Online Form you have to enter your Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Address, etc. Your Application Form will be rejected if you enter any wrong information in it. Student are advised to fill all the details in the Application Form as per their certificate records.
Admit Card is the document that proves the eligibility of the student to appear in the exam. No candidate will get an entry in the examination hall without JEE Main Admit Card 2021. It will be available in online mode only. We will provide a direct link here to download the JEE Main 2021 Hall Ticket. National Testing Agency will not send Admit Card separately to any student via post, mail or any other medium. You will need to visit the official website of JEE Main to download Admit Card.
Important Note – Click Here to read more about NEET 2020 Security Pin.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
Students who are going to appear in JEE Main 2021 should know the Exam Pattern. By knowing Exam Pattern students will get an idea of the difficulty level of the JEE Main Question Paper.
- Mode of the Exam – Test will be conducted in online mode only. However, B.Arch (JEE Main Paper 2) will be held in offline mode.
- Number of Papers – B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Plan
- Question Type – The questions in both the papers will be of objective type. As per new changes, the paper will also have questions in which answers are to be filled as numerical values. The drawing test of B.Arch paper will be of subjective type.
- Total Marks – Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will be of total 300 marks. While, B.Arch/ B.Plan will be of total 400 marks.
- Number of Questions – Paper of Engineering will consists of total 75 questions. B.Arch exam will have total of 77 questions and B.Plan paper consists of total of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme – 4 marks for each correct answer. 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
- The medium of the Language – English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Exam Timing – 3 hrs
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
In JEE Main Test, Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Check the topics or chapters in the following points from where questions will be asked.
Organic Chemistry – Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Organic compounds containing halogens
Inorganic Chemistry – Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, D – and f – block elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
Physical Chemistry – Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical kinetics, States of matter
Mathematics – Sets, relations and functions, Vector algebra, Trigonometry, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Integral calculus Matrices and determinants, Sequences and series, Statistics and probability, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Mathematical induction
Physics – Current electricity, Optics, Electrostatics, Work, energy and power, Kinematics, Gravitation, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids, Physics and measurement, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Laws of motion, Oscillations and waves, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
JEE Main 2021 Cut Off
Joint Entrance Exam Cut Off will be released after the successful completion of the exam. It will be released in online mode. Only those students will be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced who clear cut off marks in the JEE Main Test. There are various factors on which JEE Main Cut Off will depend. It varies from year to year. Check the factors in the following points.
- Number of Applicants
- Difficulty Level of the Exam
- Number of Seats
JEE Main 2021 Result
The result for the JEE Mains 2021 exam will be released a few days after the exam. You will require Application Number and Password to check the result. You just need to follow the below-written steps to check the JEE Mains Result.
- Go to the official website of the JEE Mains.
- On the homepage, click on the “Result” option.
- Enter Application Number and Password at the portal to check the Result.
- Your result will appear on the screen.
- Check the result and download it for further purposes.
JOSAA conducts JEE Main Counselling every year. Joint Seat Allocation Authority will conduct JEE Main 2021 counseling just after result declaration. It will conduct 7 rounds of counseling. Through the counselling process, students will get admission to the topmost engineering college of India. Admission to the colleges will be provided on the basis of performance in the JEE Main 2021 exam. The counseling process will begin from the month of July 2021. First, you will need to register for the counseling process.